Ultimate Guide for Leaving Los Angeles
Get Your Free Quote
There are many people in the world who dream of living in California, and those who live in this state leave it. Why? For some, life in Los Angeles means the fulfillment of a dream, because it has everything people dream about. Starting from the Golden Coast, Hollywood, lots of fun and 365 sunny days a year. But why do people leave La-La Land? According to statistics, 1 out of 10 residents decide to leave this city, and it all started after the outbreak of the pandemic Covid-19 virus. Los Angeles is considered one of the most beautiful and developed cities in California, with high living standards, and excellent business opportunities. But the fact that people are leaving the City of Angels isn’t negligible. We at Rockstar Pro Movers CA decided to reveal the main reasons for leaving Los Angeles, as well as the ultimate guide for leaving LA.
What is the situation with California?It’s impossible to believe that a state like California has started to lose its inhabitants. In 2021, about 360,000 left this state. California has always been known as a country that offers ideal living conditions, outstanding business opportunities, and much more, including its nature. But the Californians always had objections and grumbled all the time. They are usually bothered by traffic jams, high living costs, current price increases, etc. In a conversation with a resident of California, you can always hear at least one of these remarks. However, in the last few years, a significant number of individuals, companies, and famous people have left this state for the same reasons. But despite its losses, California still remains one of the favorite states, even though it’s no longer in 2nd place in terms of population. People from other parts of the USA, as well as from Europe, Canada, and other places continue to immigrate to this state. But unfortunately, the number of immigrants is half the number of those who leave. Also, the data proves it. Since 201, 7.5 million people have left California, and only 5.7 million people have moved here. And during the pandemic, the largest number of population losses was recorded due to deaths and relocation to other states such as Florida, Texas, and Washington. The high cost of living is thought to be the main cause of the exodus to California.
What about leaving Los Angeles?We can freely say that the “California Exodus” had the greatest influence on Los Angeles. And it all started when the restrictions and blockades caused by the Covid 10 virus pandemic began. Even after that, people continued to leave LA. What is leading people to move is a change in their way of life and work. Most people started working from home, which enabled them to experience life in a different place. According to data from cross country moving companies Los Angeles, people from this city most often go to Phoenix, Las Vegas, San Diego, San Antonio, and Dallas. Also, in the main, Californians most often choose states such as Texas, Virginia, Washington, and Florida for their move. Also, one of the most important data on leaving Los Angeles is that in the second half of 2021, about 33,000 people left this city. While in the same period, an increase in departures from Los Angeles to 41,000 was recorded. So, based on all the information, we can conclude that you see in general, the state of California is struggling to survive as an ideal state for everyone. The reason for this is that the median income of $78,000 is not enough to cover all annual household incomes. And that’s why middle-class people decide to find a better place to live. Also, those who work from home, focus on finding an affordable place with lower costs and create the opportunity to save a little money. But people are also moving from Los Angeles to San Francisco. San Francisco is a city where the cost situation is a little better.
The main reasons for leaving Los AngelesWhat is special about Los Angeles is the very contact with nature that this city offers you. In addition, LA offers many opportunities for career and work, but also a very interesting culture and history of the city itself. Also, it’s important to know that Los Angeles, like every other place in the world, has its pros and cons. And that what suits you may not suit others. Maybe your reasons for leaving are the reason for someone to move to this city. So, when we talk about the reasons, here are some of the main reasons why people decide to leave this city.
- The high cost of living is currently a big problem in this city.
- Increase in real estate prices and rents.
- Increase in the rate of crime, crimes, and civil conflicts.
- Crowds, dense population, lack of space.
- The desire for a different way of life.
- Going to study.
Pros of living in Los AngelesWe said that every city has its advantages and disadvantages. That’s why we’re going to highlight some of the benefits of living in LA that might convince you to stay here.
- There is never a dull moment in LA. In your city you can find many interesting things to do, starting from visiting museums, festivals, nightlife, etc.
- The city of artists and dreamers. vo is the city where artists have the best career opportunities.
- Lots of outdoor activities. LA offers outdoor activities for all generations.
- Excellent food. LA is home to some of the best restaurants in the world, making it the ideal place for all hedonists.
- Healthy work-life balance. Ability to balance working hours and entertainment in LA.
- Climate conditions. Throughout the year you will have moderate winters and very hot summers.
Cons of living in Los AngelesThe cons of Los Angeles are mainly the reasons why people leave it. Based on the reviews of residents who live there and who left Los Angeles, they found the following disadvantages:
- Higher unemployment rate. Although LA is considered a city of good opportunities, the unemployment rate of 11% is a bad feature of this city.
- Public transport. This is the thing that everyone raves about. Traffic jams and lack of transportation.
- Real estate prices. The increase was recorded, and the prices are from $756,000 for the house and $2,700 for rent.
- High taxes. California charges income taxes of 13.7% and taxes in California are the highest in the entire USA.