How to Move On a Short Timeline?
Get Your Free Quote
Moving can be quite stressful very often. It frequently leaves us drained and tired. Moreover, it influences our finances greatly. However, moving on a tight timeline can make it considerably more difficult. There are many reasons for this. To begin with, there are many things to arrange during a move. It is why Rockstar Movers suggests starting planning months ahead of time. However, if you don’t have that much time, there are still ways to have a smooth and efficient move on a short timeline.
1. Hire professionalsIt might seem a good idea to save money and handle the relocation solely by yourself. Even though it seems more affordable, you might lose more money at the end of the whole process. Therefore, instead of opting for a DIY move, you might want to make sure to ask for help from friends and family or professionals. In case you are not a fan of hiring professional movers, bear in mind that family and friends are often eager to lend a hand. Nevertheless, this comes with some risks. Namely, your friends and family risk getting hurt. Also, there is a high chance of some damage to your belongings. All these and many more are good reasons to hire experts. When it comes to performing a move on a short timeline, it is almost impossible to do it without any help. In case you have some doubts, bear in mind that professionals are always willing to assist. Professional packers offer excellent packing services that can assist with the packing process. Apart from having experts provide you with packing materials such as boxes, these professionals can help you organize a garage sale.
2. DeclutteringTransporting a lot of items can only make your relocation even longer and more demanding. It is understandable that there are many belongings that are valuable to you and that you would like to take them all to your new home. However, carrying unnecessary things, especially bulky ones, can influence the quality of your move. On the other hand, if you opt for decluttering, you may save precious time and focus on more important things. There are other advantages of decluttering your possessions. Namely, your discarded items will be collected by charities. In case you want to give away some furniture items, a junk removal company will pick them up for you. That will eventually save you precious energy and time. Hiring local movers to handle your relocation will be much easier and less time-consuming after the process of thorough decluttering. In case you still have too much stuff to transport even after you have performed the process of decluttering, hiring storage units might be a great option. Namely, Rockstar Movers have excellent storage services. Their storage units are clean, secure, and well-maintained. Moreover, they make sure that your possessions remain undamaged and keep them perfectly safe.
3. Remain focused and make a checklistWhen it comes to planning a move on a short timeline, the first step should be to get organized so that you can move forward with a clear mind. During each relocation, there are so many things to be aware of. In case you miss a single little detail, your relocation might go in the wrong direction. This is why one of the best things to do is make a checklist of all the obligations you have to take care of. It is crucial to follow your checklist and stick to your schedule. Moreover, you might want to make a list of the people you wish to be notified about your relocation. In case your kids go to school, make sure to inform the school headmaster of the move in advance. Apart from this, there are numerous tasks to complete before you relocate to your new location. Moreover, make sure to inform your current tenants that you will leave soon. Not finishing these errands in time might cause complications and unnecessary problems along the way. Here is a list of some other errands that you will need to include in your checklist:
- Informing your neighbors
- Cancel gas and electricity
- Inform your employer and employees
- Contact your bank